Zedex D is a medication that contains two active ingredients: Dextromethorphan and Phenylephrine. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant while phenylephrine is a decongestant. Zedex D is typically used to relieve symptoms associated with coughs, colds, flu, and other respiratory conditions.
The recommended dosage for Zedex D varies depending on age and weight:
- Adults: Take 1-2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours, as needed. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children 6-12 years old: Take 1/2 to 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours, as needed. Do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children under 6 years old: Zedex D is not recommended for use in children under 6 years of age.
How to Use:
Zedex D should be taken with a full glass of water. The tablets should be swallowed whole and not crushed, chewed, or broken. It is best to take Zedex D with food to avoid stomach upset. Do not exceed the recommended dosage or frequency of use.
Like all medications, Zedex D may cause side effects. Some of the most common side effects include:
- Stomach upset
In rare cases, Zedex D may cause more serious side effects such as:
- Severe dizziness or confusion
- Difficulty urinating
- Severe allergic reaction, such as rash, itching, or hives
If you experience any of these serious side effects, seek medical attention immediately.
It is important to inform your healthcare provider of any other medications or supplements you are taking, as these can interact with Zedex D and increase the risk of side effects.