MALARONE PAEDIATRIC – Your Trusted Protection Against Malaria for Young Explorers
Malarone Paediatric is a specially formulated antimalarial medication, designed to provide effective protection against malaria for children. Each pack contains 12 film-coated tablets, each offering a potent combination of 62.5mg of atovaquone and 25mg of proguanil hydrochloride, working together to safeguard your child’s health during adventurous journeys.
- Proven Protection: Malarone Paediatric is a highly recommended antimalarial medication, known for its effectiveness in protecting children from Plasmodium falciparum and other malaria-causing parasites.
- Child-Friendly Formula: Crafted with the utmost care, the pediatric formulation ensures the correct dosage for children, making it easy to administer and safe for young travelers aged 3-12 years.
- Film-Coated Convenience: Each tablet is coated with a smooth film, facilitating easy swallowing and ensuring maximum absorption of the essential antimalarial agents.
- Dosage for Different Age Groups:
- Children aged 3 to 5 years: Administer one-half tablet daily.
- Children aged 6 to 8 years: Administer three-quarters of a tablet daily.
- Children aged 9 to 12 years: Administer one tablet daily.
- Ingredients: Each tablet contains a potent combination of 62.5mg of atovaquone and 25mg of proguanil hydrochloride, carefully selected to provide reliable protection against malaria.
Dosage and Usage:
For optimal protection against malaria, administer the prescribed dosage as follows:
- Start the medication two days before entering a malaria-endemic area.
- Continue administering the dosage daily throughout your child’s stay in the region.
- Keep up the medication routine for seven days after leaving the malaria-endemic area.
Store Malarone Paediatric in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, and keep out of reach of children.
- Prior Consultation: Consult a healthcare professional before administering Malarone Paediatric to your child to ensure it is suitable for their specific health condition.
- Allergies: Inform your doctor of any known allergies to medications, particularly atovaquone or proguanil hydrochloride.
- Possible Interactions: Disclose any other medications or supplements your child may be taking to prevent potential interactions.
Like all medications, Malarone Paediatric may have side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Abdominal pain
If your child experiences severe or persistent side effects, discontinue use and seek medical attention immediately.
Malarone Paediatric is your trusted companion for a malaria-free adventure, offering reliable protection for your child during travel. Ensure your little explorers can focus on creating treasured memories without worrying about malaria risks. If you have any concerns about using this medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist for peace of mind throughout your journey.